The Bronx Dental Center
Andrew Sarowitz, DDS
Dentist located in Concourse, Bronx, NY
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on helping patients correct an array of aesthetic defects so they can enjoy a beautiful-looking smile. The Bronx Dental Center uses state-of-the-art cosmetic dentistry techniques to enable patients throughout The Bronx, NY, to address the issues that are most important to them, so they can feel more confident about their appearance.
Cosmetic Dentistry Q & A
What does cosmetic dentistry include?
Cosmetic dentistry includes all the treatments and procedures that can help patients address aesthetic issues so they feel more attractive and more confident in the way their teeth and smiles appear. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
- porcelain veneers and composite bonding to cover superficial defects, such as: cracks, chips and deep stains, to close gaps between teeth, and to help crooked teeth appear straighter
- crowns to surround the entire tooth to correct the appearance of dark fillings, deep stains and discoloration, and large cracks or fractures
- gum re-contouring and crown lengthening procedures to address smiles that appear “gummy” or “toothy”
- dental implants, bridges and dentures to replace teeth lost to decay, disease or trauma
- tooth-colored fillings to replace dark metal fillings with strong composites designed to blend in with the natural tooth color
- teeth whitening procedures to remove deep stains and discoloration
Before any procedure is performed, a consultation visit can help ensure patients receive the best treatment options to help them address their specific issues and achieve optimal results.
Can cosmetic procedures improve oral health?
Yes, several procedures used in cosmetic dentistry improve the appearance of teeth while also helping to support better oral health, including procedures to replace missing teeth and treatments to surround and cover teeth that have been damaged due to cracks and chips. Closing gaps between teeth can make it easier to keep teeth and gums healthy and make it more difficult for disease-causing bacteria to invade the gum tissue and cause gum disease.
Will insurance cover the cost of cosmetic dentistry?
When a procedure is performed purely for cosmetic reasons, most insurance plans will not provide coverage or will provide only very limited coverage. For procedures that serve both cosmetic and restorative purposes, insurance may provide coverage for at least part of the costs. Financing options are also available to help cover out-of-pocket costs associated with care.
In Network Insurances Accepted
Please see the full list of plans that we accept. If you do not see yours, please call our office to see how we can help.
Words from our patients
"Unlike most dentists I've gone to, you could tell that the whole crew of doctors at this office had good sense of camaraderie & excellent rapport with their patients."
"Anyone looking for a skilled dentist, with a great staff, should call the Bronx Dental Center. They also do cosmetic, family, & pediatric dentistry."
"Definitely the best dentist office that I have been to in years!"
"They are affordable dentists and truly care about the entire dental spa experience!"
"The doctors are gentle, the staff is friendly, & the office is amazing & the location is awesome!"